Short Term Training Course / Internships
Project Purpose & Description
8th Course on Mexican Foreign Policy for Foreign Diplomats"
Date: August 22nd to September 5th 2012"
Participants will acquire knowledge of the principles of Mexican foreign policy, its historical evolution and its link to national affairs."
Since 2005, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Mexico, through its Diplomatic Academy, the Matias Romero Institute,o rganizes a course on Mexican Foreign Policy for foreign diplomats. The course consists of conferences given by renowned academics and senior officials from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and other areas of the government. Participants also have the opportunity to visit a Mexican state."
Activity Description & Outcome
The goals of the course are:"
- To explain the principles of Mexican foreign policy, its historical evolution and its link to national affairs."
- To provide a comprehensive view of Mexican contemporary foreign policy and of its challenges and opportunities, both bilateral and multilateral, in the political and economic spheres."
- To familiarize the participants with various Mexican governmental agencies and other national actors by visiting their offices and meeting their directors."
- To provide insight into the academic world through meetings with professors and visits to universities and academic titutions. "
- To provide an introduction to Mexican artistic and cultural creativity."
||All Member Countries
Project Contact Point
Project Contact Point Table
||Outreach, Publications, International Links Coord.
||Matias Romero Institute
||(52) (55) 3686-5167 / (52) (55) 5709-6314