Project Purpose & Description
The present academic project comprises the professional unity between the Coordination of the Center for Asian Studies and the Coordination of the Department of International Cooperation, at the School of Political Science, with the aim of generating academic mobility for students and teachers and through the presentation of FEALAC 17th Senior Officials' Meeting
Activity Description & Outcome
To inform the community of the School of Political Science at the University of San Carlos about the different universities of East Asia, that offer opportunities of academic mobility so that they can benefit based on their own academic needs (exchanges, research, studies abroad, internships, etc…) The academic exchange between the School of Political Science at the University of San Carlos of Guatemala and the participating universities of Asia will have a very positive effect, given that the exchanges proposed above will be reciprocal. Thus, promoting ties of cooperation between Guatemala and Asia.
• Students will do internships, and they will also gain work experience during their undergraduate studies, in order to generate experiences and knowledge during their studies
• Students, faculty members and alumni will utilize the outcome of their research outside their academic units; by taking advantage of the different calls that will permit generate new findings and experiences for the solution of issues at the national level.
• Faculty members and students will have the opportunity to go to other international universities, to teach and learn from a variety of contents. Teachers from different universities will also be invited to come to our school in order to generate academic exchange within our academic programs. Likewise, students from other universities will be invited to undertake studies at our School of Political Science
• To generate an increasing number of applicants and candidates, so that they can apply and, eventually, obtain scholarships/fellowships, internships for teachers and students.
• To Foster international relations that would bring benefits to the growth and development of the School of Political Science at the University of San Carlos of Guatemala.
||Member countries of East Asia which are members of FEALAC
||School of Political Sciences of the University of San Carlos of Guatemala
Project Contact Point
Project Contact Point Table
||Head of the Center for Asian Studies