Project Purpose & Description
The Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources, presents to Ecological Guardians as a project to promote the participation of the Guatemalan young persons in the environmental subject matter, which there know his natural resources, his wealth and his systems, as well as the reasons of his deterioration, and that could control in the prevention of the pollution, the maintenance of the ecological balance, the utilization and efficient and rational utilization of the natural resources, of agreement to the mandate of the Political Constitution of the Republic of Guatemala in his article 97, by means of an innovative process of training, which constitutes one more step in the implementation of the environmental education, that have also a legal handle.
Ecological guardians it is one of the actions that implements the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources (MARN) in conformity with what it establishes the Law I Mark To regulate the Reduction of the Vulnerability, the Obligatory Adjustment before the Effects of the Climate change and the Mitigation of Greenhouse gases, Decree 7-2013.
The project understands four modules of training in environmental matter emphatically on the other hand climatic, directed to teen young person are understood between the ages from 13 to 18 years.
• To promote the awareness, raising awareness and participation of the teen Guatemalan youth for the construction of a culture that allows the conservation and security of the environment.
• To develop processes of education that stimulates the learning, analysis and critical reflection on the rational and sustainable use of the natural resources.
• To strengthen the environmental values in the teen Guatemalan youth as a way to achieve the conservation and security of the natural resources.
• To promote the young women's participation in topics related to the effects of the climate change
Activity Description & Outcome
MODULE I. Deion & Outcome
-Affirmation of self and the environment.
- Ecology, environment and climate change.
-Support for a green environment
Phases to the project design to present
1. To promote the citizenship by means of the active participation of them and the young persons.
2. To promote the utilization of 3 R's in order to minimize the negative impacts to the environment.
3. To announce the existing problematics, for the offer of measures of adjustment and mitigation to face the effects of the climate change.
4. Highlights the importance of the interaction of the human being with the flora fauna and other factors of the environment
||MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT AND NATURAL RESOURCES
Project Contact Point
Project Contact Point Table
||INGRID LISETH ANTÓN MEJÍA
||DEPARTMENT OF TRAINING OF THE DIRECTION OF FORMATION AND SOCIAL PARTICIPATION
||24230500 Ext. 2122