FEALAC recognizes the importance of socio-political cooperation in various areas especially related with global challenges we are facing today. In this context FEALAC has developed mutual understanding and political dialogue with a view to increase socio-political cooperation in the areas including
- Nuclear disarmament and non-proliferation
- Human rights
- Transnational Organized Crime
- Disaster Risk Reduction and Management
- Response to influenza pandemic
Since its creation, FEALAC foreign ministers have made minsters’ Statements on global issues to emphasize FEALAC cooperation.
1) Statement of the III FEALAC Foreign Ministers’ Meeting on the Hostage Situation in Afghanistan (3rd FMM, 2007)
2) Statement of the III FEALAC Foreign Ministers’ Meeting on Solidarity with the People of Peru (3rd FMM, 2007)
3) FEALAC Ministers’ Statement on the Situation Haiti (4th FMM, 2010)
4) FEALAC Joint Statement on the Ratchaprasong Intersection-Bangkok Bombing (7th FMM,2015)
Also, there are a number of ongoing projects and initiatives undertaken in FEALAC in the field of social and political areas such as Seminar for Young Diplomats, Workshops on Drug Law Enforcement Cooperation, the Regional Logistic Center for Humanitarian Assistance, and etc.